17.22km run on 1 Aug 2014 Friday

Completed a slow long run of 17.22 km this morning in 1hr53min30sec, averaging 6:35 per km. The initial first few km was quite bad, felt very slow moving but did not dare to increase my speed. I wanted badly to do a long run today, so I just stick to a 6:30-6:45pace. I consumed a pack of gel before the run, as I sometimes felt weak without breakfast. Started to feel a little better after the 5km plus mark, seemed to have found my rhythm. I just tried my best to stick to this comfortable pace for as long as I can. Managed to covered 9.02km at the 1 hour mark, slow but not really bad. I want to make sure I cover at least 17km. At the 12.6plus km, I consumed another pack of gel and had a quick drink at one of the toilet at a small park along the route before resuming my run, took me about 33 secs. I managed to stick to a even pace till the end of the run. I started the run at about 7.25am, maybe I should start half an hour earlier for the next long run to avoid the heat from the morning sun. I think this is a good run for a start for my preparation for the Standard Chartered Singapore marathon on 7 Dec 2014. Need to do as many long run as possible and at least four 32-35km run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine