23.11km Run on 10 Nov 2017

I managed a 23.11km run in 2hr31min25sec yesterday’s morning. It was quite a struggle at the initial part of the run, the body was trying hard to warm up and the legs were heavy. It got better as I got to around 5 km or so, heaviness in the legs were gone as I enter the park connector at buangkok green. I consumed a pack of gel around 7 km and toilet break around 8km and the run become enjoyable as I trotted along the water way around Punggol water point. Had another water break around the 11 plus km, to ensure I can continue smoothly.

I continued to run well on the way back out and took another water break around the 14.5km and a second pack of gel. I told myself that I need to overcome the heat from the sun usually around the last 4km back to my home. I just run at a steady pace and reached this last part of the run. I managed to cover this portion without any issue and finished the run strong.

On hind sight, I could have push myself a bit harder to finish a 2-3 minuted faster. But, overall a good run, I get a better feel of my current fitness level and where I can push myself more and plan for the SCB marathon on 3 Dec 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine