Run Review Army Half Marathon

I have completed 4 half marathon this year and has been doing 20+km long run during weekend since Jun. I can see the benefit of these long runs, although my timing has not improve significantly.

As usual, the start line is always pact with runners, we took about us about 3 minutes to reach the start point. Boring 3 to 5 km of being stuck in the crowd, averaging about 10.3km per hour, with a few  bottleneck along the way which slow the pace. Reached the 10 km mark in 56min55 sec or so, not too bad. At about the 12 km mark, my buddy broke off and speeded up, loose him totally from the 13 km on. Still running comfortably , reached the 15 km mark in 1hour 24 min , feel ok but dare not push myself too much. Reached 17 km in 1 hour 36min, not much time left for me to finish in under 2 hours. I was still feeling confident that I can still finish under sub 2 hour, so I just continue to run at about 10.5km per hour speed.. When I reached 19 km, I was left with about 12 min. Hit the 20 km mark in 1 hr 52 min+, try my best to open up my stride, still feeling good. The last stretch was along the Esplanade bridge, I will myself to go a little faster knowing that the end is near. When I turned into the home stretch I try to sprint but there were just too many runners still running slow, just try my best to avoid them. Finished in a PB of 1 hr 58min 24sec, a little disappointed that I did not achieve a hr 55min. Looking forward to the next race on 21 Oct - Home Run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine