20km run on 31 Jan 2015

Followed an old route which I used to run, from Lentor avenue-Yio Chu Kand Road junction towards Yishun, via Yishun avenue 1 to Seletar West Link. The Link is now open and it turned around when I reached the 10km mark in 59min43sec. Previously this road was still under construction and I had to turned back around 9km. I started the run early, around 4:56pm, therefore the weather was quite hot.

For this run, I was focused on keeping a sub 6min per km pace, and was trying hard to maintain this pace or faster. I almost forgot that it was 5plus pm in the afternoon, and my transition lens shaded me well, as I did not feel the glaring sun much. I was running well despite the hot weather but I did have 2 water break at Seletar reservoirs park toilet at the 3.2km mark and 16.8km mark.

I eventually finished the 20km run in 1hr 58min 5sec, this is a good run as I managed to push myself to maintain an average pace of 5min54sec per km for the entire run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine