Finished Sundown Marathon 1 Jun 2014 Sunday

Finished Sundown Marathon on 1 Jun 2014 Sunday just before 5am, in a clock time of 5hr24min53sec. (official time:5hr16min53sec) I started in the 2nd wave which had a delay of at least 5min after the first wave. My Garmin stopped recording at 41.68km at 5hr8min plus to a flat battery, fried the battery due to charging directly via the wall socket. I had to pull my best effort to achieve this timing, due to my minimum training. It was really a torturing journey when your body has already given up and you have to rely on your mind to tell body to go on. But it was a great experience, especially running in the rain, indeed I run better during the 5km stretch. I could feel my core muscle feeling really sore, have to really build up my core. I tried out a new method for myself during this race, I run fast after each walk break, as I really cannot bring myself to slow jog when the body is really sore. It seems to work for me, as my timing was ok despite minimum training. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine