10km run on the morning of 3 July 2015

Started my run at the stadium at 7.09am Singapore Time. Initially my plan was to run close to 2min per 400m lap and try to achieve a new PB for 10km or 25laps(pb 50min21sec). Usually, I do not do any stretching or warm up, except the short run from my house to the stadium, about 400 m or so. So today, as usual I found the early laps were difficult, extremely slow moving, averaging about 2min6sec per lap. Unfortunately, it did not get any easier or faster with lap, I kept averaging about 2min7sec lap. Around 7.40am, the sun was up and the temperature started rising, I just kept the laps going. I only start to speed up at the 23rd lap, 2min3sec, 24th lap 1min59sec and last lap 1min39sec. The final timing 52min15sec. Well, with every run, I learnt something, I am comfortable going around 2min7sec for 20 laps. So maybe next run, I can start 15min earlier and do better warm up and try to average 2min5sec for the first 20laps and try again for the PB.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine