14 Km run on 25 July 2015

Reached the stadium at 5:58am this morning, initial plan was to start running at 5:30am and run for 2 hours. Anyway, started to run and it was cooling in the early morning. The problem is that I always mis-judge the pace when I run when the sky is dark, my first lap was 2min40sec, way too slow. It took me a while to slowly warm up, in fact, the first 4 laps(400m each) were all completed over 2min30sec each. It was just difficult to run fast early in the morning, ran the 5th to 8th lap all around 2min29sec per lap. Ran the 9th lap in 2min28sec and the 10th lap in 2min25sec. My plan to run 50 laps of 2min24sec each vanished. The next 10laps was completed between 2min20sec to 2min27sec. I wanted to run in an environment where I can ignore if there was any rough uneven ground that I might trip over or looking out for vehicular traffics or concern of hard surface which might cause injury. This is why I choose to run in a stadium sometimes. The next 10 laps were ran a little faster as the sky started to brighten up, from 2min10sec to 2min 21sec. Eventually, I completed  total of 35laps in 1hour22min9sec. The 34th lap completed in 2min3sec and the last lap in 1min42sec. Fell short of my plan to run 50 laps, but I still achieved a personal record of the most laps even ran in a stadium. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relax ! Humans are not going anywhere far !!

SpaceX Starship first touchdown

Human need to move away from combustion engine